What follows are 27 great entrepreneur quotes for you to read.
But only read them if you’re looking to get inspired.
Use These Quotes To Fire-Up Your Entrepreneurial Spirit
No one has ever said being an entrepreneur is easy.
Your hours will be long and your work will be hard. But here’s the thing.
The work and the hours you’ll be putting in won’t be for someone else.
They’ll be for you. For your business.
And I can tell you from experience, working for your goals and dreams beats the heck out of working for someone else’s.
Words Have Power
Lots of really smart people have put pen to paper over the years. Their words have power. Maybe the kind of power you need to keep you moving toward your goals. Whatever those entrepreneurial goals are.
And, if I’ve caught you on a day that you’re feeling especially fearful…a day that your entrepreneurial confidence level isn’t up to snuff, one or more of the quotes below could be just what the doctor ordered.
Bonus! Be sure to check out these awesome quotes on taking risks!
Finally, consider bookmarking this post so you can revisit one of the great quotes I was able to find for you when needed.
Here Are Your 27 Great Entrepreneur Quotes
1. “The two most important requirements for major success are: first, being in the right place at the right time, and second, doing something about it”
– Ray Kroc
2. “If you have a dream, don’t just sit there. Gather courage to believe that you can succeed and leave no stone unturned to make it a reality.”
– Dr. Roopleen
3. “Never give up, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn.”
– Harriet Beecher Stowe
4. “What lies behind us, and what lies before us are but tiny matters compared to what lies within us.”
– Ralph Waldo Emerson
5. “Ability is what you’re capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it.”
– Lou Holtz
6. “Do, or do not. There is no ‘try‘.”
More quotes for entrepreneurs.
7. “You’ll learn, as you get older, that rules are made to be broken. Be bold enough to live life on your terms, and never, ever apologize for it. Go against the grain, refuse to conform, take the road less traveled instead of the well-beaten path. Laugh in the face of adversity, and leap before you look. Dance as though EVERYBODY is watching. March to the beat of your own drummer. And stubbornly refuse to fit in.”
― Mandy Hale, The Single Woman: Life, Love, and a Dash of Sass
8. “If you are going to achieve excellence in big things, you develop the habit in little matters. Excellence is not an exception, it is a prevailing attitude.”
– Colin Powell
9. “Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any one thing.”
― Abraham Lincoln
10. “Winners are not afraid of losing. But losers are. Failure is part of the process of success. People who avoid failure also avoid success.”
― Robert T. Kiyosaki, Rich Dad, Poor Dad
Two Great Entrepreneur Quotes From Jim Rohn
11. “You must either modify your dreams or magnify your skills”
― Jim Rohn
12. “Let others lead small lives, but not you.. Let others argue over small things, but not you… Let others cry over small hurts, but not you.. Let others leave their future in someone else’s hands, but not you.”
― Jim Rohn
13. “Always dream and shoot higher than you know you can do. Do not bother just to be better than your contemporaries or predecessors. Try to be better than yourself.”
― William Faulkner
14. “Courage is not having the strength to go on; it is going on when you don’t have the strength.”
― Theodore Roosevelt
15. “The brick walls are there for a reason. The brick walls are not there to keep us out. The brick walls are there to give us a chance to show how badly we want something. Because the brick walls are there to stop the people who don’t want it badly enough. They’re there to stop the other people.”
― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
16. “You never know what’s around the corner. It could be everything. Or it could be nothing. You keep putting one foot in front of the other, and then one day you look back and you’ve climbed a mountain.”
― Tom Hiddleston
17. “No person will make a great business who wants to do it all himself or get all the credit.”
– Andrew Carnegie
More Entrepreneurial Quotes
18. “Start with good people, lay out the rules, communicate with your employees, motivate them and reward them. If you do all those things effectively, you can’t miss.”
– Lee Iacocca
19. “When it call comes down to it, nothing trumps execution.”
– Gary Vaynerchuk
20. “You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself in any direction you choose. You’re on your own, and you know what you know. And you are the guy who’ll decide where to go.
– Dr. Seuss
21. “Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.”
– Winston Churchill
22. “It had long since come to my attention that people of accomplishment rarely sat back and let things happen to them. They went out and happened to things. “
– Leonardo da Vinci
23. “Success is the child of drudgery and perseverance. It cannot be coaxed or bribed; pay the price and it is yours.”
– Orison Swett Marden
24. “If you’re trying to achieve, there will be roadblocks. I’ve had them; everybody has had them. But obstacles don’t have to stop you. If you run into a wall, don’t turn around and give up. Figure out how to climb it, go through it, or work around it. “
– Michael Jordan
25. “It is not the employer who pays the wages. Employers only handle the money. It is the customer who pays the wages. “
– Henry Ford
26. “I have always said that everyone is in sales. Maybe you don’t hold the title of salesperson, but if the business you are in requires you to deal with people, you, my friend, are in sales.”
– Zig Ziglar
27. “If you don’t make the time to work on creating the life you want, you’re eventually going to be forced to spend a lot of time dealing with a life you don’t want.”
— Kevin Ngo
Bonus Entrepreneurial Quotes!
“I was taught and raised to never give up, always persevere and no excuses.”
“When in doubt, bootstrap. Using your own personal resources is the easiest way to start a business. You don’t have to convince investors about the merits of your idea. You just have to convince yourself.”
– Ryan Holmes, Co-founder of Hootsuite
“If we tried to think of a good idea, we wouldn’t have been able to think of a good idea. You just have to find the solution for a problem in your own life.”
– Brian Chesky, Co-founder of Airbnb
“And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.”
– Anaïs Nin
“When I’m old and dying, I plan to look back on my life and say ‘wow, that was an adventure,’ not ‘wow, I sure felt safe.’”
– Tom Preston-Werner, co-founder Github
Now go do what you need to do.
Some of the entrepreneurial quotes above were found on the following websites: