I’m The Franchise King®, Joel Libava.
This Is What I Do
In a nutshell, I help franchise buyers by teaching and advising them exactly how to buy a franchise, successfully. With:
- My GUARANTEED Private 1-on-1 franchise consultations
- Products that show people how to find, choose, research, and buy a profitable franchise
- Informative content, here, and on other websites-which I freely share with my Fans and Followers on all of the major social media channels
I also make money from advertising, freelance writing, “Sponsored Posts,” and affiliate sales.
Finally, I work with a select number of emerging franchise concepts, helping them rise above the noise with a unique combination of Digital Marketing techniques that gets them in front of the right potential franchisees that can help them grow their presence. Learn more…
How The Franchise King® Helps Franchise Buyers
This is what I can do for you:
- I’ll show you how to figure out if franchise ownership is something you should be looking into
- I’ll teach you how to figure out your budget
- I’ll show you how to customize a franchise business search
- I’ll show you where to look for the best franchises
- I’ll teach you how to work with franchise salespeople
- I’ll teach you how to do amazing franchise research
- I’ll show you where to apply for a business loan
- I’ll show you how to find a franchise attorney
- I’ll answer any last-minute questions you have
“Joel did a fantastic job by first taking the time to understand our needs & interests and then using that perspective to give us expert advice. In the vast world of franchise ideas it’s great to have Joel’s expertise as a guide.”
– Patrick McCoy, Multi-Unit Franchise Owner, Snap Fitness
I invite you to learn about The Franchise King® brand.
Important Information About My Helpful Consultations
It’s important to realize that I work way differently than the majority of the people in my field.
In the first place, I’m a Franchise . So when you work with me 1-on-1, you are my client. You’re the one paying me.
The others in my space, the franchise consultants, franchise brokers, and franchise coaches, (all the same thing by the way) don’t charge you anything to work with them. That’s because they’re paid by franchisors. And they’re paid really, really well. How well?
Specifically, today’s franchise consultants, brokers, and coaches receive 40%-50% of the up-front franchise fee-as a commission, if they match a candidate (you) to a franchise they represent.
So, for example, if you end up working with someone who offers “Free Franchise Consultations” and this person matches you up to a franchise opportunity they represent, and the franchise fee is $40,000, they’ll get paid at least* $16,000.
*As of this writing, the minimum commission Franchise Consultants get is closer to $20,000. That’s Why They Offer Free Franchise Consultations
How Do I Know?
Watch this very revealing video:
A Little About Me
It’s important for you to know who you’re dealing with. So here goes.
To begin with, I was born in Cleveland, Ohio, On June 30, 19…
I’m kidding. I’m not going to do that.
On the contrary, I’m going to tell you the important things you need to know about me, the business stuff. The things that will help you determine if you feel it’s worth it to spend some of your valuable time on my website, and maybe even invest some money to work with me, or to purchase one of my products in the future.
My work background includes:
- Food and beverage management, including a stint as a Maitre’D for a Las Vegas hotel-casino showroom.
- Sales/sales management for several automobile franchises
- Radio personality
Along with several other jobs in various industries.
I need to point out that I have very little formal education.
Specifically, I “tried” college. (For 9 months)
As a result, most of my education has involved learning from subject-matter experts in the field of writing, marketing, PR, and of course, franchising.
In 2011, an editor from Wiley Publishing contacted me. She told me that the market was overdue for a book on how to buy a franchise, and asked me if I’d be interested in writing it. I said “yes.”
Now, I’d be remiss if I didn’t tell you that her offer of paying me an “advance” had
something a lot to do with my extremely rapid, and very positive response to her email inquiry.
All in all, my book has done pretty well. Thousands of people have read it. (Or have listened to it, because there’s an audio version, too.)
“Early May 2017 I had my military retirement party and a friend (financial planner) gave me your book Become A Franchise Owner. I read it twice.
What I got from your book:
1. The process was correct in real life. Nothing was unusually.
2. A proven methods does not mean it will work with you.
3. Talk to the franchisees.
4. Talk with franchisees. (not a duplicate)
5. Don’t speed up the process. Get the right individuals (i.e., lawyer) involved.
6. Free “coaches/consultants” are free for a reason. They get paid by the franchise company to get you to buy the franchise up!”
– Michael M.
Update! I just published my newest guide, and this time it’s available as an Instant Download.
In addition to my franchise business books, I’ve had the honor to write hundreds informational articles on franchising for dozens and dozens of highly-trafficked, and respected websites. A few of them include:
- The New York Times.com
- The Huffington Post
When it comes to getting publicity, I’ve had the honor of getting interviewed and quoted by a large number of national and local online and offline publications over the years.
For instance, I was featured in Entrepreneur Magazine.
Now, seeing as you’ve made it this far, you’re more than welcome to see my other Press mentions, interviews etc, by going to my official Press Page at your convenience.
And speaking of interviews, the folks at Businesstown asked me to share some of my franchise buying tips, so I obliged…in this video interview.
I’ve worked with thousands of people over the years. Some of them have provided testimonials about my ethics, knowledge, expertise, professionalism, along with my services/products.
In addition, lots of people in the franchise world, and a plethora of small business experts have provided their thoughts on what I bring to the table.
I encourage you to visit my testimonials page so you can see what others think of me.
One More Thing
This is the last time I’m going to talk about “me.” Enough already.
All of us are products of things like our:
- Geographical location
- Life choices
In this case, it’s the “life choices” part I want to share with you.
Basically, I made some really lousy choices at a young age…life-altering ones as a matter of fact. One’s I could’ve died from. But they’re part of my story.
With that in mind, if you REALLY want to get to know me, and find out what makes me tick, I wrote* a 3-Part article-an autobiography of sorts.
*It took me almost 3 years to summon the courage to write Part 3.
In any event, you’re welcome to read it. Just click the link below
Back To You, Potential Franchise Buyer
From here on out, it’s about you. About your desire to be your own boss. And how to do it in a smart way.
That said, here are two recommendations for you to get the ball rolling.
2. Take 15-20 minutes to thoroughly read How To Buy A Franchise, which has been read by thousands of people-just like you.