There well over 8,000 7-Eleven locations in the U.S. and Canada: More than 6,000 are owned and operated by franchisees.
7-Eleven retail franchises are very familiar across most of the U.S. The executive team at 7-Eleven headquarters wants it to be a 100% franchised here.
Can it be done?
Fact: 7-Eleven stores number 53,000+in 16 countries; 87 percent of them are 7-Eleven franchises.
Based on that, 90 7-eleven franchises for sale in New York…actual units being offered for sale, isn’t a number that’s out of line.
7‑Eleven has has won a lot of awards and consistently ranks high in franchising publications-both online and offline.
I mentioned 7-Eleven, myself, in an Entrepreneur magazine feature story about my business and my book.
“If you spend $200,000 on a franchise and think you’re going to be an independent entrepreneur, I think you’re going to be disappointed. Opening up a 7-Eleven is not entrepreneurship; it’s small-business ownership. How creative can you get when your only choice is moving the candy bars from the left side of the cash register to the right?”
Was I a little blunt there? You bet; the truth is the truth.
If you look up sugar-coating over at Dictionary.com, you won’t find a picture of me.
By the way, that feature story can be found on Entrepreneur.com.
A gentle tip from The Franchise King®:
Do not buy a franchise until you know EXACTLY how to do thorough research.
Learn how here
Back to some 7-Eleven accolades. Check these out:
- No. 5 among Top 100 Global Franchises by Franchise Direct for 2014
- Recognized as a Top 100 Global Retail Franchise from 2009 to 2014 – Best Franchise Chains Worldwide by FranchiseDirect.com
- Named one of Retail Leader’s 2014 Leading Retailers
- No. 6 on Entrepreneur magazine’s “Top 10 Franchises” for 2014
- 7‑Eleven named to America’s Most Popular Stores List, according to data provided by Placed, a consumer habits data service provider
- No. 6 on the Top 10 Franchise Businesses list for 2014 by EmpoweredEzine.com
- No. 1 on the CNN TRAVEL International staffers list of favorite chains in the world for travelers.
- No. 1 on Entrepreneur magazine’s “Top Global Franchises” list for 2013
- No. 2 on Franchise Times “Top 200 Franchises” list for 2013
- No. 3 on Fast Company’s “World’s Top 10 Most Innovative Companies in Retail” for 2013
- No. 4 on Entrepreneur magazine’s “Top 10 Franchises” for 2013
Pretty impressive, for sure.
90 7-Eleven Franchises For Sale In New York
Why are there so many 7-Eleven stores available now?
From The Buffalo News:
“After it bought the 188-store Wilson Farms chain, 7-Eleven shed some 30 stores through auction, closed others and prepared the rest for franchising.”
So, that’s why.
Read the rest of the story here, and find out how much the franchises are going for.
Is there a 7-Eleven franchise in your future?
Why, or why not?