There well over 8,000 7-Eleven locations in the U.S. and Canada: More than 6,000 are owned and operated by franchisees.
7-Eleven retail franchises are very familiar across most of the U.S. The executive team at 7-Eleven headquarters wants it to be a 100% franchised here.
Can it be done?
Fact: 7-Eleven stores number 53,000+in 16 countries; 87 percent of them are 7-Eleven franchises.
Based on that, 90 7-eleven franchises for sale in New York…actual units being offered for sale, isn’t a number that’s out of line.
7‑Eleven has has won a lot of awards and consistently ranks high in franchising publications-both online and offline.
I mentioned 7-Eleven, myself, in an Entrepreneur magazine feature story about my business and my book.
“If you spend $200,000 on a franchise and think you’re going to be an independent entrepreneur, I think you’re going to be disappointed. Opening up a 7-Eleven is not entrepreneurship; it’s small-business ownership. How creative can you get when your only choice is moving the candy bars from the left side of the cash register to the right?”
Was I a little blunt there? You bet; the truth is the truth.
If you look up sugar-coating over at Dictionary.com, you won’t find a picture of me.
By the way, that feature story can be found on Entrepreneur.com.
Back to some 7-Eleven accolades. Check these out:
- No. 5 among Top 100 Global Franchises by Franchise Direct for 2014
- Recognized as a Top 100 Global Retail Franchise from 2009 to 2014 – Best Franchise Chains Worldwide by FranchiseDirect.com
- Named one of Retail Leader’s 2014 Leading Retailers
- No. 6 on Entrepreneur magazine’s “Top 10 Franchises” for 2014
- 7‑Eleven named to America’s Most Popular Stores List, according to data provided by Placed, a consumer habits data service provider
- No. 6 on the Top 10 Franchise Businesses list for 2014 by EmpoweredEzine.com
- No. 1 on the CNN TRAVEL International staffers list of favorite chains in the world for travelers.
- No. 1 on Entrepreneur magazine’s “Top Global Franchises” list for 2013
- No. 2 on Franchise Times “Top 200 Franchises” list for 2013
- No. 3 on Fast Company’s “World’s Top 10 Most Innovative Companies in Retail” for 2013
- No. 4 on Entrepreneur magazine’s “Top 10 Franchises” for 2013
Pretty impressive, for sure.
90 7-Eleven Franchises For Sale In New York
Why are there so many 7-Eleven stores available now?
From The Buffalo News:
“After it bought the 188-store Wilson Farms chain, 7-Eleven shed some 30 stores through auction, closed others and prepared the rest for franchising.”
Contact me BEFORE you buy a franchise
So, that’s why.
Read the rest of the story here, and find out how much the franchises are going for.
Is there a 7-Eleven franchise in your future?
Why, or why not?
Don't Go Yet! These Franchise Opportunities Are Worth A Look:
A Smartphone Profit Center
No Employees Needed With This Franchise Business
Get A Prequalified Franchise Loan!
Make Money Making Stuff Look Like New
A Franchise That Helps Children Thrive
An Opportunity To Make Money Outdoors