Are they? Is “Green Franchising” getting more popular just like in the USA?
I really don’t know. I do know that franchising is a growing part of the economy.
Some stats from the Australian Food News website;
- Business format franchised units represent some 3.7 percent of all small businesses in Australia
- Growth rate of franchise units is 15.4 percent, up again from the 14.6% reported between 2004 to 2006
Get The Facts
Schedule A Complimentary Call
- Total sales turnover for the franchising sector was estimated to be $130 billion
- Total number of people employed in business format franchise systems is estimated to be 413,500
- There is evidence of stability in the sector with 93% of franchising units remaining under the same ownership
It sounds like things are going pretty well in Australia. But, are there green franchise businesses there that are growing at a substantial clip?
Please chime in, and let all of us in the US know what’s going on in green franchising in Australia!