The 2014 National Small Business Awards take place from May 12-16, and the Small Business Administration is now accepting nominations.
Small businesses are the ones that drive our economy.
You can use this online portal to submit your nomination for the following awards:
- Small Business Person of the Year Awards
- Small Business Exporter of the Year
- Phoenix Award for Small Business Disaster Recovery
- Phoenix Award for Outstanding Contributions to Disaster Recovery
- Federal Procurement Award- Small Business Prime Contractor of the Year Award
- Federal Procurement Award- Small Business Subcontractor of the Year Award
- Federal Procurement Award- Dwight D. Eisenhower Award for Excellence
- 8(a) Graduate of the Year Award
- Small Business Development Center Excellence and Innovation Award
- Veterans Business Outreach Center Excellence in Service Award
- Women’s Business Center of Excellence Award
2014 National Small Business Week Awards Submissions
Before you submit your favorite small business, it’s important to make sure that you’re eligible to do so.
From The National Small Business Week 2014 Awards Nominations Guidelines:
“Any individual or organization dedicated to the support of the small business community in the
United States, including, but not limited to, trade and professional associations and business
organizations, may submit nominations for the Small Business Person of the Year award.
Individuals may self-nominate for this award. Individuals may not be nominated for more than
one SBW 2014 award category.”
This is your chance to nominate the best small businesses and small business resources in the United States.
Small Business Person of The Year Award
The National Small Business Person of the Year will be selected by the SBA Administrator based on the recommendations of the panel of judges of federal employees. The
winner will be announced during National Small Business Week. Non-federal employees serving as judges must sign a conflict of interest/non-disclosure certification.
All nominations submitted through the online nominations portal must be uploaded and submitted no later than 11:59 p.m. ET, January 17, 2014.
And, go here for the top small business news and top small business trends
Important! If You're About To Buy A Franchise, Click Here
(Before You Send In Your Money & Sign Your Contract)
"I was pretty focused on a particular franchise opportunity when I reached out to Joel Libava. In the course of a 1-hour conversation, Joel was able to ask questions and provide direct advice to help clarify the process for me and help guide me through the next steps in my vetting process. He even put me in contact with other professionals who were able to help educate me further in my particular industry. The time and money were well spent."
-Brian Grayson, Cincinnati